Saturday 5 August 2017

Hap Blanket


I recently cast on Ysolda's lovely Hap Blanket pattern from her first pattern booklet, Whimsical Little Knits. I had just had a visit from a friend who lives far away and I wanted to make her something warm and snuggly because she is such a thoughtful friend and I neglect her! She likes a muted palette so I went for grey and a creamy white. The blanket knitted up so fast, especially fast as I stopped working on James's Moder dy while I had this one on the needles - you can see the Moder dy WIP in the above picture. The Moder dy is now my main focus as I'd like to have it finished before casting on my test knitting.


Lopi for a test knit, some Shetland Heather for a second test knit (both for the lovely Jenn of Lovewoolknits). The Noro is something I'm just mulling over, I'm not sure what to make with it but I'm thinking about a crocheted blanket.


I cast on the stunning House Dressing by Chantal Belisle after seeing it on the Fruity Knitting podcast - I'm using Shetland Spindrift and am really enjoying the knitting although there are a lot of long floats. This is my TV knitting and is a real treat to work on of an evening.
Anyway! Here is the finished hap blanket, steam blocked and already packaged up and posted off, I do hope she likes it.




I was planning on knitting the whole blanket in the edging colour (the light grey) but when my yarn it arrived I discovered that Deramores had the meterage listed incorrectly and that I hadn't enough at all. I decided to use some frogged Merino Aran (Hedgehog Fibres) which I held double. All the yarn quantities are on my Ravelry page here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Featured post

The 30 day knitting challenge in one post because I am lazy

Questions and idea from the hero complex via Helenknitsuk 's blog (a Ravelry contact who knits amazing blankets). What was your firs...